Dear Garden Park Community,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year at Garden Park Elementary!
I hope this letter finds you and your family well. Indeed the start of this school year will be quite different this year, but we will stay strong and pull-through as a school community. I thank you in advance for all that you are doing as parents and guardians to ensure your scholar continues to learn and grow.
Here at Garden Park Elementary we will start strong by providing Distance Learning following new district-wide guidelines that include clear expectations for teaching and learning across each grade level span. All teachers will meet regularly with their students via video conferencing in one of the district approved platforms. Students and their parents will also have full access to online curriculum in addition to the direct video conferencing time spent with their teachers.
As we embark on this new school year, things may look different, but the high expectations for student achievement will continue as we focus on developing the whole child, both the academic skills and personal skills in order to prepare them for lifelong success. We will also focus on each child’s social-emotional well-being, by continuing our work in practicing Mindfulness.
We hope that you will find our website helpful and informative. The website calendar has important dates for all events and activities for this school year. In addition, important information and updates are sent on a weekly basis via ParentSquare. Using the website and ParentSquare are the two best ways to stay informed as we go through the school year.
It is my hope that once we are all able to return to Garden Park for in-person learning, you feel the strong sense of community and family pride. Our school in partnership with our amazing PTA and various parent groups provide many events that strengthen and enrich our home & school community. I want to encourage you to participate in as many of these activities as you possibly can. Please refer to our school website and the various PTA flyers that are shared with you to be kept informed of these opportunities.
I am honored to serve as the principal of Garden Park Elementary School for the 7th year. It is truly a privilege to be a part of a community where parents, teachers, staff and students care for each other and strive to build positive relationships that support academic and social growth. Please feel free to contact me at 714-663-6074 or at email@example.com.
Welcome Garden Park students, families and community!
At Garden Park, we are committed to equipping all of our more than 250 students with the academic and personal skills for lifelong success. Our school has a long record of academic excellence and students consistently outperform the state average on rigorous state standardized testing. We are in our second year of AVID Elementary (Advancement Via Individual Determination), with a focus on Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, and Reading.
We offer a variety of school programs to help enhance the educational experience of our scholars, including:
- The Art Masters program is offered every trimester and provides students with an opportunity to learn about iconic artists and utilize artistic techniques to express their creativity!
- Chess Masters teaches students the skills and critical thinking strategies of chess and allows them the opportunity to compete with each other in chess matches. behind chess.
- Our Coding program teaches participants early levels of computer science and the importance of technology.
- Mad Science teaches participants a variety of scientific concepts through a hands-on experience.
- Race Adventures, an automotive education enrichment program for kids
- College and Career Mentor Program which supports our sixth graders in building self-esteem, life long learning opportunities and setting college and career goals.
- Sixth Grade Academic Pentathlon is a team of nine sixth graders that study a specific region and culture of the world in the core subjects of Math, English Language Arts, History, Science and Fine Arts and then compete against other schools in Orange County. Students become collaborative critical thinkers as they work in groups during county competitions.
We are grateful our PTA is very active on campus, and organize many popular events such as Skating Night, Angel's Night, Trunk-or-Treat, Winter Cookie Workshop, Movie Night, Sweetheart Dance, Walk-a-thon, and more. Every month, our PTA also holds the Family Dining Night, where students and families have dinner at local restaurants. Families explore the community and form emotional bonds by spending time together. PTA members also fund programs and materials, such as the Accelerated Reading program and the Art Masters program, homework planners, field trips, and more.
We are committed to celebrating our students' many accomplishments. Our Monthly Geckos Award Ceremony awards honors students for demonstrating our monthly scholarly habits. Each teacher nominates two scholars from each class to be awarded during the outdoor Friday assembly. We also have the Trimester Awards which our GECKOS awards, Special Recognition awards and Accelerated Reader awards.
Garden Park is a small school with a strong sense of community, with staff and parents working closely together with a focus on academic achievement.
Please feel free to stop by our office for any questions, comments or concerns. We are excited for a new school year with our scholars, families and community!